It looks like a lot of other folks have really got it together and you don’t. It seems that x, y, and z is going well for them. And them over there, too. What’s wrong with you?
That person over there though, they’re looking at you and noticing that:
- your fitness is really coming back
- you’re eating more healthily
- there’s progress on that project that you’re working on
- you had kind words to share when they needed them
- despite hardship, you’re still getting up and getting on
- they’re stressed and working hard to be and seem happy; they don’t know how you do it
What we see from the outside can be deceptive. Our self-inventory can be deceptive. Remember that when you’re thinking how green the grass looks over there.
ps. This post is specifically from me to me, but switch up that list a bit and it’ll be true for you, too, when you need it to be.